Sunday, February 18, 2007

To My Most Gracious Host


Good morning Amrapali,
This is Randy, your cameraman, director and producer for last night and I wanted to fire off this email to you, as the evening was still fresh in my mind.
I wanted to thank you for your time and perseverance in making the evening a success in every way. Your attention to detail was most appreciated and appropriate for the occasion. You handled yourself in a very professional manner in the face of adversity, against odds of unknown, uncharted deep and cold waters. You also have a great attitude and made sacrifices for the good of the whole big picture.
Perfectly comfortable in new surroundings, you shone like a bright light on the shore off a rocky coast in an otherwise turbulent storm and provided a warm comfortable shelter and beacon of guidance to a lost-at-sea traveler
.
Your beauty inside and out, enabled others to see who you are, quickly becoming aware of your identity that positioned your steadfast stance on firm ground. ‘We’ witnessed the ease with which you carried yourself, your tone of voice, joy, sense of accomplishment, and willingness to in fact set others at ease at the same time. This allowed us to be successful in our travel in time together and helped to accomplish our goals.
You see the universe is a big place where we can only be ourselves in such a short time given to us. Any other object would be frivolous surely. You made the best of yours and it became apparent especially in your upbringing; one that instilled in you love and built a strong and uncompromising character that will not be shaken by anything or anyone anytime soon.
You leave an impression on a person that is positive and the woman picked up on this immediately. That is one of the reasons we instilled confidence in her as she saw we could deliver the goods and services, without ego, you being the good and you and I being the services. She witnessed we were a force with which to be reckoned, an association that might have taken any other team, months or even years to achieve
.
I know you saw in her face an exuberance and excitement as she initially greeted the oncoming celebrities and welcomed in the belief that we would serve and 'kid glove' her most precious cargo. And in so doing, to assist her in accomplishing her goals, we stood our ground and formed the arch through which the uncertain talent could obtain a positive foothold down the red carpet of otherwise smoke and mirrors. You exuded an air of confidence at all times, even glistened and sparkled in the cold dark night; you being the real star of the show, your Goosebumps showing an attractive emotion rather than just a reaction to the cold.
It was also appealing to witness your newfound discovery, your glee in being able to be just who you are
when presented with a new challenge and overcoming any and all obstacles in your way.
You see I use my tools in many ways to accomplish my goals; the camera and microphone with it's cold hard metallic appearance and heavy weight, the plastic, the rubber, needs a human touch to make it come alive and be useful. You provided that in helping to transform these tools into channels by which we could transmit this human emotion and communicative element that could easily and readily be interpreted by and appeal to a mass audience.
I was honored and enamored by your love of life and self-confidence which was more than obvious in many ways during the evening. Your character comes from a place of love, caring and giving. Being positive and believing in one's self is another strong point I observed.
Thank you also for taking my direction and believing in me which gave credence to my experience and confidence in what I know and how I apply it to my own personal challenges which showcase what I've got to offer and give to the world in my small way. And the beautiful part was that we shared this together without even one little hitch or snag in the little time we had to travel so far and wide.
My only regret was not spending more time with a woman with more guts, soul and love in her little finger during a few short hours, than most people possess in their entire body in a whole lifetime.
A fleeting glimpse of you was last night when I turned around and you were gone. I was sad but rather carried on in the manner and direction we began; together in my head, which took me through the journey of night and my obligation to finish what we had started together. I longed for that association from whence we began and was glad when we finally came together at the very end for one last dance.
I thank you also for the hug and the reassurance it afforded myself as it was warm and tender and came from the right place, your heart; leaving a lasting impression on mine in its countenance and as you can see I am somewhat observant, a vocation that I take pride in achieving as I am called to task.
I also credit George in finding you somehow in this wild, crazy mixed up, confused western world, somehow finding me and then finally putting us together as fate would have it to create an alliance of strength,
positive energy and good making us triumphant as we became one against the world, together.
So in closing, I will relish our short professional alliance together and hope and long, if not for an instant replay, one that could occur at some point in the not too distant future on this crazy, spinning, planet we call home. And would look forward to seeing your face other than on a picture seeing that I have no record of what happened last night until I see it on the big screen. So until such a time,


I remain
Randy De Troit

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home